A step-by-step guide on how to open the hood of Toyota Camry correctly. This is to ensure that you do not cause any unwanted dents on your car.
Opening the hoood
- Pull the hood lock release lever. The hood will pop up slightly.
- Pull up the auxiliary catch lever and lift the hood.
Open hood warning buzzer
If the vehicle reaches a speed of 3 mph (5 km/h), the master warning light flashes and a buzzer sounds to indicate that the hood is not fully closed.
- Check that the hood is fully closed and locked.
- If the hood is not locked properly, it may open while the vehicle is in motion and cause an accident, which may result in death or serious injury.
Closing the hood
- Before closing the hood, check the following:
- All filler caps in engine compartment must be correctly installed.
- Gloves, rags or any other combustible material must be removed from the engine compartment.
- Return the support rod to its clip to prevent it from rattling.
- Lower the hood until it is about 30 cm above the closed position and let it drop. Make sure that it locks into place.
- Check that the hood has engaged properly. If the hood can be raised slightly, it is not properly engaged.
Open it again and close it with a little more force.