In this post we show you how to check the Toyota Camry engine oil.. It’s important to check the engine oil level of your car between services, especially when travelling
With the engine at operating temperature and turned off, check the oil level on the dipstick.
Checking the engine oil
- Park the vehicle on level ground. After warming up the engine and turning it off, wait more than 5 minutes for the oil to drain back into the bottom of the engine.
- Holding a rag under the end, pull the dipstick out
- Wipe the dipstick clean.
- Reinsert the dipstick fully.
- Holding a rag under the end, pull the dipstick out and check the oil level.
The shape of the dipstick may differ depending on the type of vehicle or engine.
- Wipe the dipstick and reinsert it fully.
Adding engine oil
If the oil level is below or near the low level mark, add engine oil of the same type as that already in the engine.
Make sure to check the oil type and prepare the items needed before adding oil.
Oil quantity (Low -> Full)
- 2.5 L 4-cylinder (A25A-FKS) engine
1.6 qt. (1.5 L, 1.3 Imp. qt.)
- 3.5 L V6 (2GR-FKS) engine
1.9 qt. (1.8 L, 1.6 lmp. qt.)
- Remove the oil filler cap by turning it counterclockwise.
- Add engine oil slowly, checking the dipstick.
- Install the oil filler cap by turning it clockwise.
Engine oil consumption
A certain amount of engine oil will be consumed while driving. In the following situations, oil consumption may increase, and engine oil may need to be refilled in between oil maintenance intervals.
- When the engine is new, for example directly after purchasing the vehicle or after replacing the engine
- If low quality oil or oil of an inappropriate viscosity is used
- When driving at high engine speeds or with a heavy load, or when driving while accelerating or decelerating frequently
- When leaving the engine idling for a long time, or when driving frequently through heavy traffic